We need your help to develop a state-wide Jetties Strategic Plan to manage our jetties.
What is being decided?
We are developing a state-wide Jetties Strategic Plan to explore options to create a sustainable approach to the future management and prioritisation of investment for South Australian jetties.
The Strategic Plan will broadly review existing jetty infrastructure, region by region, and develop a holistic long-term approach to managing our jetties that will:
- Assess the economic and community outcomes, benefits and usage of jetties;
- Deliver sustainable options for ongoing jetty safety, management and maintenance;
- Guide future infrastructure investment decisions; and
- Channel funds to priority areas to maximise benefits to the community and business.
Jetties have supported commercial and recreational activities in South Australia since the 1850s and continue to be of social, economic and historical significance to local communities.
The effective and efficient management of the State’s jetties and wharves is also an increasing challenge for both State and Local Government to sustain.
The Strategic Plan will aim to balance the value jetties provide alongside future management challenges.
How can your input influence the decision?
The first stage of this review is capturing community, local government and stakeholder views. To help inform the development of the Strategic Plan, we want to understand how jetties:
- Contribute to the economy
- Benefit the community
- Are used by local communities, visitors and businesses
Specifically, we want to know how you use your local jetty and why it is important to you and to your community.
Your input will help to inform the development of the SA Jetties Strategic Plan.
To have your say:
- Complete the online survey (The survey is accessible from all device and PCs and works best in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. If using an iPhone please ensure your software is up to date.)
- Join the online discussion
What are the next steps?
Your feedback is important to us and will help inform the development of the Draft Strategic Plan which we anticipate will be available for comment in early 2020.
If you have any queries about the project or accessing the survey, please contact the SA Jetties Strategic Plan team at:
Closing date: 5pm Friday 1 November 2019
Upcoming key dates
Fri, 1 Nov 2019 at 5:00 PM